Passion for Mechanical Design – Concept to Reality – Innovation
CMP is a dynamic, and growing manufacturer of custom stainless steel food processing equipment that keeps millions of people around the world, safe, every day. That’s because, for over 60 years, CMP has been committed to designing, fabricating and installing food processing equipment that meets – and often exceeds – hygienic standards, for some of the world’s largest food processors.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything and we feel that since you spend a good part of your waking hours at a job, it better be a place you love to work.
We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily work flow. If you’re obsessed with building equipment that keeps food safe, have a strong work ethic and want to contribute to a positive work environment, then we’re your company. In return for your skill sets you will be given a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity for growth.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Design Engineer will collaborate with the company’s project managers to create designs for custom equipment for the food processing industry. He/She will produce shop drawings for fabrication, modify plant layouts, and offer design insight into the wide range of stainless steel food processing equipment we manufacture. We often engage in custom solutions that will challenge the best and the brightest to show up every day with creativity and an unwavering passion for design excellence. A mechanical background with experience in conveyor design and equipment layout would be an asset. Experience with AutoCAD and 3D modeling is required. Passion for design is a must.
The Design Engineer will report to the Design Engineering Manager. Mentoring will be provided by all members of the CMP team to accelerate learning. Frequent meetings on the factory floor will also provide valuable insights on the finer elements of design engineering.
• Providing design insight to custom food process equipment, plant layouts, and custom food processing solutions that exceed customer expectation
• Attend project meetings and collaborate with Project Managers from initial concept and design, to generation of fabrication drawings.
• Work to trouble shoot fabrication issues from the manufacturing floor as requested.
• Creating 2D and 3D models and drawings with the use of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Inventor
• Efficiently work within the project timeline to produce layout and fabrication drawings, drawing sets, structural detailing and associated material lists
• Examining drawings for conformity and errors
• Providing technical expertise and suggestions in a collaborative engineering environment
• Continuous improvement in the design of standard parts and equipment
• Collaborate with engineering and fabrication on design review
• Interface with vendors and select equipment components
• Manage the equipment BOM for material purchasing
• Support the Shop Foreman with intended fabrication details/methods
• Optimize part design to minimize waste and use standard materials
• Mechanical Engineering Degree, Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology, or equivalent with design experience an asset
• Ideally two to five years of equipment design experience (will train new grads with the right attitude as Junior Design Engineers)
• Ideally experience in machine design using solid modelling software. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in Autodesk Inventor.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to create written reports and review technical specifications
• Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented approach to design
Compensation dependent on qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Design Engineer Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.