Welding /Fabricator / Installer
CMP is a dynamic, and growing manufacturer of custom stainless-steel food processing equipment that keeps millions of people around the world, safe, every day. For over 60 years, CMP has been committed to designing, fabricating and installing food processing equipment that meets – and often exceeds – hygienic standards, for some of the world’s largest food processors.
Members of our team respect each other, respect our clients, and work collaboratively in their approach to their daily work flow. If you have a passion for building and installing equipment that keeps food safe, have a strong work ethic, a keen eye for quality all while contributing to a positive work environment, then we’re your company. CMP offers a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity for growth. This position involves traveling internationally.
Fabricates, installs and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, freezer stacks, conveyors, cookers and metal parts according to job orders, verbal instructions, and blueprints. Candidates are responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction requirements are met by adhering to applicable quality control procedures. Attention to detail is critical to this role as is the ability to travel for extended periods of time.
Reports to the on-site Lead Hand or Shop Foreman
- Work safely as a condition of employment
- Set up and operates welding machines
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to drawings, using square, ruler, measuring tape and precision instruments
- Set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as a drill press, etc.
- Locate and mark bending and cutting lines onto workpieces
- Conduct tests to check weld quality and that dimension tolerances meet requirements
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- Perform all facets of food processing equipment installation at our customers location.
- Understand, comply and apply all site-specific customer Good Manufacturing Practices and safety requirements.
- Ensure all work documentation is submitted fully completed and accurately (electronic/ paper formats)
- Work with Project Managers on intended fabrication details/methods
- Welder/Fabricator diploma preferred
- One to two years of industry related experience required
- Experience designing and constructing templates and fixtures is considered an asset
- The individual must possess a pleasing personality and enjoy working in a high performing team environment as quality of work and overall customer satisfaction is critical to project success
- Must posses strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with GTAW/SMAW with stainless steel preferred
- Welder’s certification CWB preferred
- Drivers license with driver abstract provided
- Job requires heavy lifting, working at heights, extremes in temperature, confined spaces and tight deadlines
- Valid passport and ability to travel to U.S.A and internationally.
- Available to travel and work extended periods of time.
- Fork lift certificate (will train).
- Elevated platform certificate (will train).
- Standard first aid preferred (will train).
- Rigging/crane certificate required (will train).
- CSA approved Footwear.
- Safety Glasses.
- Welding helmet and related welding specific PPE.
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Metal Welder/Fabricator Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.