CMP is a dynamic and growing custom stainless steel manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily workflow.
In this role you will be a member of the accounting department reporting to the CFO.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Complete weekly payroll for 100+ hourly employees.
- Assist in the completion of the monthly and year end financial reporting
- Proactively follow up with customers to ensure prompt payment.
- Prepare weekly cashflow statement
- Perform daily bank reconciliations
- Assist in inventory count process
- Complete all tax and WCB filings for multiple locations
- Order entry and customer invoicing
- Various other accounting related tasks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with completing payrolls.
- Post-secondary education in accounting and related job experience
- Very good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to think ahead, proactively, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Sound planning, prioritizing and execution skills
- Ability to interact with employees and customers in a professional manner
- Some HR experience would be considered an asset to the position
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Accounting Technician in the subject line. We appreciate all candidate’s interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.