Stainless Steel Welding – Fabrication – Detail Oriented – Team Player
CMP is a dynamic, and growing manufacturer of custom stainless-steel food processing equipment that keeps millions of people around the world, safe, every day. That’s because, for over 60 years, CMP has been committed to designing, fabricating and installing food processing equipment that meets – and often exceeds – hygienic standards, for some of the world’s largest food processors.At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything and we feel that since you spend a good part of your waking hours at a job, it better be a place you love to work.
We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily work flow. If you’re obsessed with building equipment that keeps food safe, have a strong work ethic and want to contribute to a positive work environment, then we’re your company. In return for your skill sets you will be given a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity for growth.
Fabricates and assembles structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, conveyors, cookers and metal parts according to job order, verbal instructions, and blueprints. Reports to Lead Hand, Shop Foreman & Production Manager.
- Sets up and operates welding/fabricating machines,.
- Designs and constructs templates and fixtures : asset
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
- May fabricate and assemble sheet metal products
- May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
- Locates and marks bending and cutting lines onto workpiece
- Conduct tests to check weld quality and dimension tolerance
- Weld parts in flat, vertical, and/or overhead positions
- Use powered saws, hand shears, and/or chipping knife when necessary
- Use portable grinder, hand file, and/or scraper when necessary
- Use precision measuring tools to inspect grooves and angles
- Maintain proper equipment; repair when needed
- Min basic tools required
- Welder/Fabricator Diploma or equivalent experience
- One to two years’ experience
- Ability to do basic math and basic understanding of electricity
- Hard work ethic, team player, problem solver
- GTAW with stainless steel preferred
- Welder’s certification CWB
- Drivers license with driver abstract provided.
- Job requires heavy lifting, working at heights, extremes in temperature, confined spaces and tight deadlines
- Valid passport and ability to travel to U.S.A
- Available to travel and work extended periods of time
- Available to work overtime when requested
- CSA approved Footwear
- Safety Glasses
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com and include Metal Welder/Fabricator Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.