Mechanical Equipment Design – Customer Service – Details Oriented – Creativity
CMP is a dynamic, and growing manufacturer of custom stainless-steel food processing equipment that keeps millions of people around the world, safe, every day. That’s because, for over 60 years, CMP has been committed to designing, fabricating and installing food processing equipment that meets – and often exceeds – hygienic standards, for some of the world’s largest food processors.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything and we feel that since you spend a good part of your waking hours at a job, it better be a place you love to work.
We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily work flow. If you’re obsessed with building equipment that keeps food safe, have a strong work ethic and want to contribute to a positive work environment, then we’re your company. In return for your skill sets you will be given a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity for growth.
In this role, you will be a member of the CMP Sales and Proposals team reporting to the Technical Sales Manager. You will routinely interact with clients, understand and develop solutions to meet client needs, prepare proposals and close business to drive growth. Once a project is awarded, you will liaise with Project Managers to ensure a smooth hand-off from proposal phase to design and manufacture.
- Understanding client needs through communication with sales and direct client contact. Probe for understanding, listen actively and develop detailed scope documents.
- Review client bid packages, interpret 3D and AutoCAD drawings, and develop equipment solutions to fit into client layout constraints.
- Ability to create AutoCAD and 3D models of conceptual design and overall process layouts during proposal phase considered an asset.
- Ability to open AutoCAD Inventor 3D drawings, identify parts, develop explosion view drawings, develop accurate cost estimates for manufactured parts.
- Grow CMP parts business, develop plan, improve process efficiencies
- Create professional proposals coupling technical writing skills, strategic thinking, creativity and design knowledge to differentiate the CMP proposed solution and win business.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for projects including allocations for materials, fabrication man hours, installation man hours, rental equipment, travel time estimates, and other hard costs required to complete the project.
- Foster and maintain professional trusting working relationships with clients, key stakeholders, suppliers, sub-contractors and CMP staff.
- Participate in project development activities including scope of work definition, pre-design planning and deliver a clean project handoff to engineering and operations.
- Build expertise in food processing equipment and machinery design.
- Ideally 2 to 5 years experience in mechanical design and project estimation.
- Mechanical aptitude and equipment design knowledge (ideal candidate with B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or College Diploma Mechanical Design – CET, with equivalent experience).
- Experience working with an equipment manufacturer is an asset.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand engineering drawings.
- Proven experience with detailed communication and technical writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, (3D Inventor experience would be an asset).
- Detail oriented, fast processor of information, energetic, collaborative, ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com and include Technical Sales Engineer – Inside Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.