Passion for Mechanical Design – Solid Modelling Expertise – Team
Player – Hygienic Design Expertise
CMP is a dynamic and growing stainless steel equipment manufacturer delivering design, fabrication,
and installation services and turn-key solutions to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS
(Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
We are launching a Global Innovation Center in October 2022 located on our PEI Campus. This is an
exciting new investment in innovation for FPS and CMP. We have immediate need for talented
designers and engineers to join our New Product Development teams as well as our Manufacturing
Engineering teams located in both PEI and New Brunswick.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We
ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to
their daily workflow.
You will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 160 engineers, designers, technical
sales, and fabricator/welders. You will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of machinery
design and leverage that knowledge to build strength in hygienic design of food processing equipment.
CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client
needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
We have two main engineering focus areas – manufacturing engineering and new product development
& innovation. Opportunities in both these focus areas will be discussed during our interview process.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Using Autodesk Inventor software, the Project Engineer will lead overall design elements of large
complex projects from conceptual design through to physical implementation. The Project Engineer will
collaborate with the company’s project managers to create custom equipment solutions for the food
The project engineer position will be looked upon as a role of authority within the design team. He or
she will be required to lead a design team, managing drawing schedule and project timelines with the
Project Manager. He or she will be required to provide creative solutions to address complex food
processing needs of our clients. The project engineer must have a strong work ethic and ability to
collaborate and communicate effectively in a fast and flexible work environment.
• Produce practical and functional equipment designs within budget.
• Review equipment models and design drawings to verify the design meets original design
• Continuous improvement in the design of standard parts and equipment.
• Efficiently manage project timelines to produce layout and fabrication drawings.
• Manage and review Bill of Materials for release to purchasing through ERP system.
• Assist and/or lead designers in modelling practices and mechanical design.
• Attend project meetings and collaborate with Project Managers for any design changes required to
meet client need.
• Lead internal design reviews with engineering and fabrication and work with design team to make
any required changes.
• Interface with vendors and select equipment components.
• Support the Shop Foreman with intended fabrication details/methods.
• Manage equipment functionality and plant layouts to satisfy customer expectations.
• Create and/or review process flow diagrams, P&ID’s, and instrumentation lists
• Troubleshooting equipment or fabrication issues both in house and onsite.
• Perform inspections of equipment on manufacturing floor to ensure the equipment meets/exceeds
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
• Support the overall business goals, as set by the company.
• Innovation in the design of new parts and equipment.
• Attend weekly department meetings.
• Maintain and organize file structure within the Autodesk Vault.
• Participate and contribute to the departmental and company culture objectives.
• Develop LEAN manufacturing strategies.
• Provide technical leadership to company.
• 5 years experience in machine design using solid modelling software. Preference will be given to
individuals with experience in Autodesk Inventor.
• 5 years experience developing fabrication drawings.
• Formal education in engineering or engineering drafting would be considered an asset
• Working experience with Stainless Steel fabrication.
• Working experience with sheet metal design.
• Have a sound understanding on manufacturability of parts (machine capabilities, tolerancing, etc)
• Working experience in the Industrial food processing sector.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to create written reports and review technical specifications.
• Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented approach to design.
• Experience working as a team member and mentor.
Salary: $55,000 to $75,000 per year plus benefits and paid OT
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com and include
Project Engineer Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only
those selected for an interview will be contacted.