Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, or Charlottetown, PEI.
Passion for Mechanical Design – Solid Modelling Expertise – Leadership and Mentorship – Hygienic Design Expertise
CMP is a dynamic and growing custom stainless steel manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily workflow.
Located in either our head office in Charlottetown, PEI or our newly opened branch engineering office in Moncton, New Brunswick, you will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 130 engineers, designers, technical sales, and fabricators. You will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of machinery design and leverage that knowledge to build strength in the area of hygienic design of food processing equipment. CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Project Engineer will lead overall design elements of large complex projects through the creation of working 3D process line layouts and equipment designs that meet overall project objectives using Autodesk Inventor. Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the project engineer will collaborate with the company’s project managers to create custom equipment solutions for the food processing industry. The project engineer position will be looked upon as a role of authority within the design team. He or she will be required to lead a design team assigned to the project, managing drawing schedule and project timelines with the Project Manager. He or she will be required to provide creative solutions to address complex food processing needs of our clients. The project engineer must have a strong work ethic and ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a fast and flexible work environment.
- Produce practical and functional equipment designs within budget
- Review other designers’ equipment and drawings to verify the designs meet original design requirements through analysis, inspection, and testing
- Deliver detailed shop drawings for fabrication (waterjet, bending, machining, fabrication)
- Continuous improvement in the design of standard parts and equipment
- Efficiently manage project timelines to produce layout and fabrication drawings
- Manage and review Bill of Materials for release to purchasing through ERP system
- Assist and/or lead designers in modelling practices and mechanical design
- Attend project meetings and collaborate with Project Managers for any design changes required to meet client need
- Lead internal design reviews with engineering and fabrication and work with design team to make any required changes
- Interface with vendors and select equipment components
- Support the Shop Foreman with intended fabrication details/methods
- Develop fluid, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control schematics
- Manage equipment functionality and plant layouts to satisfy customer expectations
- Create and/or review process flow diagrams, including P&ID, and TP lists
- Troubleshooting equipment or fabrication issues both in house and onsite
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
- Support the overall business goals, as set by the company
- Innovation in the design of new parts and equipment
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Maintain and organize file structure within the Autodesk Vault
- Participate and contribute to the departmental and company culture objectives
- Develop LEAN manufacturing strategies
- Develop equipment manuals
- 5 years experience in machine design using solid modelling software. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in Autodesk Inventor.
- 5 years experience developing fabrication drawings.
- Formal education in engineering or engineering drafting would be considered an asset
- Working experience with Stainless Steel fabrication
- Working experience with waterjet, sheet metal and machinist
- Working experience in the Industrial food processing sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create written reports and review technical specifications
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented approach to design
- Experience working as a team member and mentor
Salary: Compensation dependant on qualifications and experience
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Project Engineer Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.