Project Management Excellence – Business Acumen – Mechanical Design Creativity – Leadership and Mentorship – Team Player
CMP is a dynamic and growing stainless steel equipment manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services and turn-key solutions to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
We are launching a Global Innovation Center in October 2022 located on our PEI Campus. This is an exciting new investment in innovation for FPS and CMP. We have immediate need for talented Project Managers to join our team in PEI.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily workflow.
You will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 160 engineers, designers, technical sales, and fabricator/welders. You will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of project management and machinery design and leverage that knowledge to build strength in hygienic design of food processing equipment. CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
Key Job Responsibilities:
You will manage multiple projects from project award through to commissioning to ensure that customer expectations are exceeded. You will routinely meet with clients, understand their needs, document project scope, provide design concept and project management services in order to deliver profitable projects within the given time constraints. In a broader sense, you will provide leadership to the CMP team to deliver unprecedented business results for CMP and for our clients.
- Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects
- Defines project scope, deliverable and requirements in collaboration with clients
- Determines resources and budget requirements, cost estimates, and timelines
- Identifies project risks and develops and implements migration and contingency plans
- Monitors project delivery against timelines and ensures timely completion
- Oversees the activities of project team and monitors project task completion
- Works with Project Engineer and contributes technically to the engineered solution working within overall layout constraints
- Review and improve P&ID and Functional Description Specifications.
- Develops and maintains powerful trusting relationships with clients and CMP/FPS team
- Manage client expectations, resolve issues, and ensure client satisfaction
- Reviews engineering documentation before submitting externally to clients and others
- Maintains control of change order process based on changing project scope and communicates openly with clients
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget, and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, health and safety requirements.
- 5 to 10+ years of experience in mechanical engineering design and project management, ideally with a custom stainless equipment fabricator and/or with a food processing company
- Ideal candidate: B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering with P.Eng and PMP certification
- Extensive experience managing in a cross functional team environment, ability to lead and inspire
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and technical writing skills
- Ability to think ahead, proactively, with a high degree of attention to detail
- Fast processor of information, energetic, ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Flexibility to travel to the customer’s site in Canada, the United States, and Internationally as required to successfully execute the projects assigned
- Must be able to observe all applicable safety regulations
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays to meet customer project commitments
Salary: $55,000 to $75,000 per year plus benefits and paid OT
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to email@example.com and include Project Manager Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.