Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, or Charlottetown, PEI.
Passion for Mechanical Design – Solid Modelling Expertise – Leadership and Mentorship – Hygienic Design Expertise
CMP is a dynamic and growing custom stainless steel manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily workflow.
Located in either our head office in Charlottetown, PEI or our newly opened branch engineering office in Moncton, New Brunswick, you will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 130 engineers, designers, technical sales, and fabricators. You will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of machinery design and leverage that knowledge to build strength in the area of hygienic design of food processing equipment. CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
Key Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Designer will play a vital leadership role on the project team. Reporting to the Design Engineering Manager, the senior designer will collaborate with the project engineer and project manager assigned to the project to create 3D equipment designs using Autodesk Inventor. He or she will be required to provide coaching, mentorship, and support to the junior members of the design team assigned as well especially for smaller projects. The ability to provide creative solutions to address complex food processing needs of our clients will also be required. The senior designer must have a strong work ethic and ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a fast and flexible work environment.
- Produce practical and functional hygienic equipment designs within budget
- Verify the designs meet original design requirements though analysis, inspection, and testing;
- Deliver detailed shop drawings for fabrication (waterjet, bending, machining, fabrication)
- Continuous improvement in the design of standard parts and equipment
- Efficiently work within the project timeline to produce layout and fabrication drawings
- Assist and/or lead junior designers in modelling practices and mechanical design
- Collaborate with engineering and fabrication on design review
- Interface with vendors and select equipment components
- Manage the Bill of Materials for individual equipment
- Develop fluid, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical control schematics
- Create process flow diagrams, including P&ID, and TP lists
- Optimize part design to minimize waste and use standard materials
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
- Support the overall business goals, as set by the company
- Innovation in the design of new parts and equipment
- Attend weekly department meetings
- Maintain and organize file structure within the Autodesk Vault
- Participate and contribute to the departmental and company culture objectives
- Develop LEAN manufacturing strategies
- Develop equipment manuals
- 10 years experience in machine design using solid modelling software. Preference will be given to individuals with experience in Autodesk Inventor.
- 10 years experience developing fabrication drawings.
- Formal education in engineering or engineering drafting would be considered an asset
- Working experience with Stainless Steel fabrication
- Working experience with waterjet, sheet metal and machinist
- Industrial food processing experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create written reports and review technical specifications
- Excellent organization skills and detail-oriented approach to design
- Experience working as a team member and mentor
Salary: Compensation dependant on qualifications and experience
How to Apply: Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Senior Designer Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.