Passion for: Food Processing – Mechanical Design – Details Oriented – Creativity – Sales
Ever wonder how food gets from the farm to your plate? Here is an opportunity to learn from
industry experts and build a career in the wonderful world of food processing. From blueberries
to cookies, potatoes to steaks, lobster to chocolate, CMP’s diverse range of clients require
unique solutions to meet their processing needs. If you are motivated by learning new things,
problem-solving, and are not afraid to take on exciting engineering challenges – we want to
hear from you.
CMP is a dynamic and growing stainless steel equipment manufacturer delivering design, fabrication,
and installation services and turn-key solutions to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS
(Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally. As
part of our continued growth plan, we are launching an Innovation Hub in November 2022 located at
our manufacturing complex on PEI. This is an exciting new investment in innovation for FPS and CMP.
We will leverage our innovation center to support our solutions approach to meeting our customers
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We
ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to
their daily workflow. You will work alongside and compliment our talented team of over 160 engineers,
designers, technical sales, and fabricator/welders. You will have an opportunity to grow your
knowledge of the food processing industry, process lines, and food equipment. You will apply your
knowledge to develop solutions to meet our customers processing needs. CMP is constantly innovating
and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in
everything we do.
In this role, you will be a member of the CMP Applications Engineering Team reporting to the
Applications Engineering Manager. You will routinely interact with clients, understand and develop
solutions to meet client needs, prepare proposals and close business to drive growth. Once a project is
awarded, you will liaise with Project Managers to ensure a smooth hand-off from proposal phase to
design and manufacture.
- Understanding and develop client needs through communication with both CMP Sales Team and
direct client contact. Probe for understanding, listen actively and develop detailed scope
- Review client bid packages, interpret 3D and 2D AutoCAD drawings, and develop equipment
solutions to fit into client layout constraints.
- Create 2D AutoCAD sales drawings during proposal phase to demonstrate our proposed
equipment solutions to our clients.
- Ability to open and manipulate detailed AutoCAD Inventor 3D drawings to understand
equipment function, identify parts and conceptualize new equipment designs for our clients.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for projects including allocations for materials, component
quotes, fabrication man hours, installation man hours, rental equipment, travel time estimates,
and other hard costs required to complete the project.
- Create professional proposals coupling technical writing skills, strategic thinking, creativity and
design knowledge to differentiate the CMP proposed solution and win business.
- Foster and maintain professional trusting working relationships with clients, key stakeholders,
suppliers, sub-contractors and CMP staff.
- Handoff knowledge of the project to the Project Management and Engineering Teams.
- Build expertise in food processing equipment and machinery design.
- Develop accurate cost estimates for manufactured spare parts.
- Mechanical aptitude
- B.Sc., B.Eng. or M.Sc.E in Engineering
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Detail oriented, fast processor of information, energetic, collaborative, and ability to meet
- Proficient in MS Office Platforms (Word, Excel etc.)
- Basic Competency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
- Experience in Mechanical Design, Sales, Food Processing, Project Estimation or Equipment
- Experience in estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- High level proficiency with Autodesk AutoCAD 2D
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor 3D
- Registered Professional Engineer with Engineers PEI
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000 per year plus benefits.
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and
include Applications Engineer in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates
interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.