Passion for: Customer Service – Mechanical Equipment Design – Details Oriented – Creativity
CMP is a dynamic and growing custom stainless steel manufacturer delivering design, fabrication, and installation services to our food processing customers. As a division of FPS (Food Process Solutions), we serve customers across Canada, The United States, and Internationally.
At CMP we strive to be one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. Culture is everything. We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily work flow.
Working alongside our talented team of engineers, designers, technical sales, and fabricators, you will have an opportunity to grow your knowledge of machinery design. CMP is constantly innovating and contributing to more advanced hygienic designs to exceed client needs. We engineer food safety in everything we do.
In this role, you will be a member of the CMP Technical Sales Team reporting to the Technical Sales Manager. You will routinely interact with clients, understand and develop solutions to meet client needs, prepare proposals and close business to drive growth. Once a project is awarded, you will liaise with Project Managers to ensure a smooth hand-off from proposal phase to design and manufacture.
- Understanding client needs through communication with sales and direct client contact. Probe for understanding, listen actively and develop detailed scope documents.
- Review client bid packages, interpret 3D and 2D AutoCAD drawings, and develop equipment solutions to fit into client layout constraints.
- Ability to create 2D AutoCAD and 3D models of design concepts during proposal phase considered an asset.
- Ability to open AutoCAD Inventor 3D drawings, identify parts, develop explosion view drawings, develop accurate cost estimates for manufactured parts.
- Prepare complete cost estimates for projects including allocations for materials, fabrication man hours, installation man hours, rental equipment, travel time estimates, and other hard costs required to complete the project.
- Create professional proposals coupling technical writing skills, strategic thinking, creativity and design knowledge to differentiate the CMP proposed solution and win business.
- Foster and maintain professional trusting working relationships with clients, key stakeholders, suppliers, sub-contractors and CMP staff.
- Participate in project development activities including scope of work definition, pre-design planning and deliver a clean project handoff to engineering and operations.
- Build expertise in food processing equipment and machinery design.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Proven experience with detailed communication and technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office Platforms
- Detail oriented, fast processor of information, energetic, collaborative, ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret and understand 2D layout and engineering drawings.
- Experience in Mechanical Design, Sales, Project Estimation or Equipment Manufacturing
- B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering or College Diploma Mechanical Design – CET
- Knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D, and 3D Inventor drawings
- Mechanical equipment design knowledge
Interested candidates are to email your resume to Curtis Foran at firstname.lastname@example.org