STAINLESS STEEL WELDING – FABRICATION – DETAIL ORIENTED – TEAM PLAYER
CMP is a dynamic, and growing manufacturer of custom stainless-steel food processing equipment that keeps millions of people around the world, safe, every day. That’s because, for over 60 years, CMP has been committed to designing, fabricating and installing food processing equipment that meets – and often exceeds – hygienic standards, for some of the world’s largest food processors. Culture is everything and we feel that since you spend a good part of your waking hours at a job, it better be a place you love to work.
We ensure our employees respect each other, respect our clients, and are collaborative in their approach to their daily workflow. If you’re passionate about building high-quality stainless-steel food processing equipment, have a strong work ethic and want to contribute to a positive work environment, then we’re your company. In return for your skill sets you will be given a competitive salary and benefits package coupled with the opportunity for growth.
To fabricate and assemble structural metal products, such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, stacks, conveyors, cookers and metal parts according to work orders, verbal instructions and blueprints. This position reports to the Shop Foreman.
- Actively participates in CMP’S Quality Program to ensure products are assembled and welded to meet or exceed our customers expectations.
- Perform flat, horizontal, vertical and overhead butt seams, margined to #4.
- Achieve “desirable” weld characteristics for all joints.
- Ability to restrain material to maintain dimensional accuracy.
- Must be able to determine necessity for and method of back-purge as required.
- Able to identify materials on drawings and cross reference them with the bill of materials.
- Recognizes components and correctly identifies placement and orientation.
- Must be able to transcribe accurate measurements and layout on parts.
- Verifies conformance of workpiece to specifications, using square, ruler, and measuring tape.
- Must be able to undertake advanced material manipulation including dogging, dollying and stretching.
- Creates a regime for restricting part distortion during welding to maintain dimensional accuracy.
- May set up and operate machine tools associated with fabricating shops, such as radial drill press, end mill, and edge planer.
- Use powered saws, portable grinder and hand tools.
- Maintain proper equipment; repair when needed.
- Welder / Fabricator Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Preferably 1 – 2 years stainless steel fabricating experience.
- Must possess a pleasing personality.
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor with the ability to balance job stress and workload.
- Must possess strong communication skills (speaking and listening).
- Must be able to perform basic math operations.
- Must possess a solid work ethic and be a team player.
- GTAW with stainless steel preferred.
- Welder’s certification CWB preferred.
- Drivers license required.
- Job requires heavy lifting, working at heights, extremes in temperature, confined spaces and tight deadlines.
- Must have a valid passport with the ability to travel to U.S.A.
- Available to travel and work extended periods of time.
- Available to work overtime when requested.
- CSA approved Footwear
- Welding shield and related welding supplies
How to Apply:
Send Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include Metal Welder/Fabricator Application in the subject line. We appreciate all candidates interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.